Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Big G

Happy with the creativity of the blogomunity (that's so Colbert) that reads Revolution Evolution, who inundated my e-mail box and crucified my instant messenger, to Cry Havoc! I got some rather interesting responses to the color puzzle, unfortunately none of them were right.

(1) Last 6 M&Ms before she shoots herself (Based on a dark movie that never released)
(2) Colors of undergarments of his last 6 conquests
(3) Colors I will turn when I find out she is pregnant with my kid.

But my favorite:
- America's terror alerts on a good week. (ridiculous, M!)

However, the answer is far more obvious than most of you thought it is. Kudos to the unnamed New Yorker, J and B for getting this one right.

In other news, as Labor Day approaches, and marks the pre-decided transition of summer into fall, I am proud to admit that I lived it up in '06.

Beyond working my ass off and getting used to my new assignment with C, I think I was quite successful in balancing out some major fun experiences.

My report card (May - August)

(1) Shakespeare in the Park [check]
(2) Movies at Bryant [check]
(3) The River-to-River Music Festival [check]
(4) Amateur Night at the Apollo [check]
(5) Underground Jazz Festivals [check]
(6) Experimental Movies in the Village [check]
(7) The Beach [check] (Jones and Sheepshead. Did someone say Coney? Say Wha?)
(8) Pooh-poohing @ the Hamptons [check]
(9) Doing Cubans @ SoBe, Miami [check]
(10) Singapore [check]
(11) The mandatory New York Lounges/New Fooderies/Club Circuit [check]
(12) Caught Off-Broadway - Stomp! [check]
(13) Experienced Cheb-I-Sabbah at Summerstage! [check]
(14) Got my license [check]
(14) Rented a convertible, drove up to Adirondacks with my buds and unwinded @ Lake Placid [check]
(15) Grooved to TranceNation, and clubhopped like a wild rabbit on steroids. [check]
(16) Lost my shirt at Mohegan Sun ( literally! ;-) ) & did 18 holes at Foxwoods [check]

I know I'm missing out a lot of wild things and trips that I did, purely cuz I don't remember 'em, and that's a good place to be at. You know what, most of us probably have another 20 odd usable summers left in life altogether. So for those who lived it up, wtg. Those who didn't, there's always Fall :-)

Btw, its Google

No comments: