Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Dialling is my birthright, and I will do it!

Aight, for all those who dialed/e-mailed/commented me this morning to ask whether I was ok, post reading my "Questioning Loyalties" piece - I love you all for the thought. I'm perfectly aight. However thanks to you, my phone is now out of battery, from vibrating itself to death. (On a parallel, but curious mindfield, what a way to die. But I digress)

A lot behind that thought. Bombs over Beirut, for one. And several other things that stare me in the face and show me inch-by-inch, how the world is veering away towards atypicality. Shocks me at times, how much the world has moved towards "Love Thy Neighbor" to "Love Thyself First". Its for the personal good at each level, of that I'm sure. Is it for the global good?

Well, its Adam Smith vs. John Nash. The barroom revelation scene from A Beautiful Mind. The father of economics spoke of global and holistic economic progress by concurrent widescreen thought during every major decision. John Nash disproved that to gain the pride of Princeton (and his privileged and privy 'personalities'). Actually, I wouldn't really go as far to say disproved, I'd say "re-opined" and ended up re-opening a can of worms, there. But Nash's philosophy claimed that if every economic entity thought of singular progress ahead of global, it would result in global economic good. Or as they say when things go down, every man for himself.

In other news, its so difficult to write the word SINGULAR with an S. First of all, the branding efforts of a certain telecom provider have been so widespread and omnipresent, that its mentally difficult to consider the word to be correct in its original form. I almost hit spellcheck before it struck me. Secondly, I guess its a rare word to start with, so. Not part of common lingo at all.

No comments: