Wednesday, July 19, 2006

And we have a winner!

All contestants, please e-mail me mailing addresses to redeem your DVDs. But I have a winner who will make all your responses seem like paani kam chai (water-less tea - don't ask!)

E - that's a legendary response. Check out her new website and blog, but she went totally above and beyond the contest, not only to respond, but to come up with a top 10 list, as to why one should be president.

All I can say is .. eat my shorts, dubya! Thanks, E. Your DVD is in the mail ;-)

Worried & VO for PREZ!!....July 19, 2006
Alright, I'm offically worried about my friend, V. Oberoi, for the rest of the article referred to by me as VO. The poor guy who normally has quite a humorous side, is going a bit morbid and has watched Rang De Basanti so many times, he is now quoting directly from the film... AND not Aamir Khan lines... no from Anupam Kher's dialogues...Poor VO and since we keep playing phone tag, I'm hoping once he reads this, he'll realize there are those of us in the world, who care and hope he's doing well....Which he should be, quite shortly here....

But as he has asked, and my wanting to win an official DVD copy of RDB, hopefully one with better subtitles than the one I've already got....here's the official "TOP 10 DAVID LETTERMEN-ESQE reasons as to why VO should be President:

#10-There would be NO First Lady.

#9-Sari's and Bhindi's would become cool in the States.

#8-Words like petrol, cousin brother/sister would become common, instead of words like Kin, ya'll...

#7-Hindi would become our second language instead of freakin Spanish

#6-Bollywood's entry into the Oscar's would finally WIN!

#5-The swearing in Ceremony, would be unlike anything the good old White, Anglo community has ever seen, music composed by A.R. Rahman, Farah Khan choreography, Manish Malhotra designs, Ram Gopal Varma Direction.

#4-The speech would include dialogues from famous Hindi films.

#3-All the Brown people could holla "Hail Hindustani!"

#2-The official White House menu would now include, idli, Dosa, Goan Coconut chicken, Naan, Fried Rice, Chicken Tikka Masala....

AND Finally

#1-Because, I would get to be a "Presidential" speech writer and quite possibly press secretary.
HAHAHAHAHAH! Pure and utter genius!

1 comment:

Zeenat Rasheed said...

Suck ups :P~~

I fink you should be pwesident cos you're the funnest person i know :)

(hmm that sounded like Almira in my head)

Ok 'nuff with the cuteness... HAND OVER THAT DVD BIYATCH!