Monday, May 15, 2006

Best bit of feedback I've received on Kaise so far, comes from mah homegirl, Shivani, who says that the song borrows a lot of subliminal influence from Darren Hayes' Strange Relationship - which btw was such an underappreciated underdog of a brilliant track - and that influence works even in the lyrical sense, considering that both songs are nearly about the same thing.

Curious, considering that I haven't heard that track in decades. But I guess somethings linger on.

You know the part I love in Strange Relationship, is when he goes "Well, maybe if that's a fact, may I suggest, a brand new plan of attack". I thought the word meter and the rhythmicity (Webster's prolly going 'WTF mate?') of those lyrics are sheer brilliance.

3 comments:

Paresh said...

"haven't heard the track in decades" Considering you've only been alive a better part of 3.

E-Volver said...

T'was a figure of speech, Ennis.

Zeenat Rasheed said...

And considering the track itself is about 4 years old :P

I have whole album. Mmmm.... Darren Hayes *drool*