Monday, March 06, 2006

I was SPOT ON about the Best Actor, Best Actress and Best Director Award. But like most of the rest of the world - I crashed on Crash! Yes, it was rather unexpected. I loved the movie - but was it deserving of knocking over BM and Syriana (in that order - because I felt Syriana was the only movie truly deserving of upsetting BM)!

I really need to re-watch Crash now - because I never viewed it from an Oscar perspective. Was it better than Syriana? The films had a lot in common. While Crash reviewed immigrant experiences and their intrinsic discomfitures, Syriana was more petro-political but still had the same Soderbergh-style parallel yet interwoven plotlines, like Crash. But I felt Syriana had more of a pertinent and global message, and much more fiber vis-a-vis Crash - this is purely comparative because both films are phenomenal in their own respect. Syriana was more impactful, while Crash was more introspective.

But heck, to each his own. In between Jon Stewart's hilarious hosting histronics, Ang Lee on stage was saying "I have this to say to my wife..." and Didi completed his statement - "I'm gay, honey". That would make sense, wouldn't it? So if Ang Lee's gay - his wife is going to be quite AkeLee, no?

Peace Out, World!

No comments: