Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Color me bad!

Alai Payuthey: One of my all time favorite South Indian Movies. A killer combo of Mani Ratnam (direction), A R Rahman (music) and Santosh Sivan (cinematography). Alai was later remade by Shaad Ali, in a project titled, "Saathiya".

This track, Pachai Nirame, was the original 'color'-definition concept - the brainchild of Santosh Sivan - and I think it was conceived and executed brilliantly. This concept was also used in the title track of Saathiya, as well as in Tumhi Dekho Na in KANK, which already seems like its as prehistoric as Peter Andre.

What I love about the picturization of this song, if you can tolerate Shalini and Madhavan, is the way the colors explode on screen. There's something about this being the original, that makes it so special. Glad I found this gem on YouTube.

Baaqi sab theek? Lage Raho!

No comments: