Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Jab We Met??

New movie starring Kareena and Shahid.

That's the blasted limit for strange Hinglish titles. I mean, what's depressing is that the East/West connect has reached such a comfortable (for most..) cross-over in regular social life in both continents, but yet, the usage of seemingly "cool" angrezi terms in Bollywood films still seems sooo forced, and so affected.

I'm getting sick of "Its rocking". The first time I heard that, I nearly threw up - (Saif Ali Khan in Kal Ho Naa Ho - "Mera weekend rocking tha" ... I mean .... really ... who speaks like that??).

Now see. Some stars can carry it off. Some stars can't. When I hear Akshay "Jat Yamla" Kumar say "dude", it sounds like he wants milk.

2 comments:

Zeenat Rasheed said...

*retches in agreement*

Anonymous said...

"When I hear Akshay "Jat Yamla" Kumar say "dude", it sounds like he wants milk."

W.O.R.D