Monday, February 26, 2007

"And the academy award goes to ...."

Having kept up my resolution of watching all the major Oscar contenders this year, my picks:

Actress: Helen Mirren, Jennifer Hudson for supporting (Although I personally think Meryll Streep's Prada was much more deserving)

Actor: Hands down, Forest "Idi Amin" Whittaker (what a performance!), no choice for supporting (I don't know why people consider Wahlberg a favorite, his performance was aight)

Picture/Director: Although my heart wants Scorcese to win both of these, I have a strong feeling he may share this duet with Dreamgirls. Ok, ok, don't go all 'double standards' on me, I know my post on The Departed wasn't exactly deep appraisal, but my subsequent 3 viewings of the movie, swayed my opinion. I remember every scene, every dialogue. The Departed, although it takes a while to circumvent the variance, eventually is an unforgettable experience, in true and inimitable Scorcese style.

And there you have it.

No comments: