Friday, May 02, 2008

Its not always rainbows and butterflies, its compromise

I realize that what I loved most about Juno, was how everyone was justified. The emotional, sensitive wannabe-mother who wanted a child more than anything. The jingle-composer who couldn't deal with graduating to a father, and letting go of his youth/rock dreams. The stepmom trying to fit in. The protective dad. The cheerleader best friend who dug older men. And of course, Juno, who threaded all of these elements together - living her life, one disorderly episode at a time, with an attitude of sarcastic maturity bordering on arrogance. But guess what? You can't blame her.

Highly recommend: Lars and the Real Girl.

In other news, moving beyond the opinion of the Cambridge-based newly eyeglassed lyric-maker, I am not statistically inclined. At least I don't have blogger-diarrhoea. Touche, Xe!

1 comment:

Zeenat Rasheed said...

How rude! But you are factually incorrect. Sadly, I am not Cambridge-based.. I'm Waltham-based. Waltham is 8 miles from the city but feels like the bloody boondocks. Still, we are planning on moving to Cambridge soon 'cos I have to go to grad school and need more flexible public transportation than the commuter rail that rattles through here every, oh, three hours or so. So when I do move, yes, you will be factually accurate :D

PS: Summer Beats 2008 - going?