Sunday, July 01, 2007

Purposefully Obfuscatory

... in an effort to not just boggle the mind, but simulate a dream-like fantasy, and in the process, tell a story. There was S. Dali for the world of art. There's D. Lynch for the world of motion pictures. Just watched "Lost Highway", and am rediscovering the world of disconnected film-making, and starting to appreciate it a lot more than when I discovered Mulholland.

These films are so much more raw, and before this realm was commercialized and prettily packaged by films like Being John Malkovich and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Nay, I wouldn't really refer to it as the same realm even.

BTW, I've discovered that watching Mulholland, Doors and Lost Highway back-to-back over three days is very crystal-meth. I see colors. And there are ninjas on the lawn trying to kill us all. And I'm using words like "Nay!". What am I? a horse? Jeez.

In other news, I'm hitting up the Accomplice adventure, this weekend. I even got my anonymous phone call, giving me the location of the secret rendezvous point. Ooh! International mystery and intrigue, here I come.

No comments: