Sunday, April 22, 2007


Respect your Romaine!

I'm serious, its by far one of the most disrespected greens, in terms of spelling. Look at the above atrocity, for instance, spotted at a local Jersey grocery (yes, one of the million). Tsk tsk. Placed next to the boondocks of potato bags, and with a constant increase in bhaav to create fake demand in the market. Price hiking AND mis-spelling? Not accepting.

I actually had a Bengali colleague once who used to call it Le Tush (as in, French butt?). I've seen Lettis, lettus, lattis, lattes ... and the uber-creative, but utterly disconnected, Lattice. Join me, in the Coalition To Give Lettuce Its Self-Esteem Back.

Go Green!

2 comments:

Paresh said...

Wait.. let me roll my eyes once... let me do it again.

Lettuce? Seriously?

Hrshyskss said...

GO GREEN!