Tuesday, October 10, 2006



Naam kya hai?

You know what? forget all the Dons and the Umrao Jaans and the Jaanemans, something tells me that this movie will be India's calling card for '07. After Water, which I will gratefully watch this week, thanks to the benevolence of the Netflix gods, I love the legit look that the Namesake has. The characters seem to have leapt out of Lahiri's book right onto screen, with effortless adaptation. The music (Nitin Sawhney) sounds so apt - anyone have leads into this soundtrack?

Meanwhile, I'm expecting Freakonomics in the mail this week - have heard rave reviews about it. And in the queue for big-screen experience this week, is The Departed, which finally has the eldritch Yahoo Movie Critics and Users at spring-balance congruence on their reviews (A-). Looking forward to catch it, based on the availability and choc-a-bloc schedules of certain hotshot, busybody, Burberry-bedecked account directors (yes, I mean you, D).

Yeah I don't see any work happening this week. Salute!

1 comment:

Zeenat Rasheed said...

Hmm, the trailer for the Namesake actually looks good. I'm having a hard time imagining Kal Penn not suddenly breaking out into profanity and actually doing a serious role. I like the fact that Irfan Khan was cast as the dad. Frankly the movie looks a lot better than the book (usually it's the opposite), which was utterly pretentious and totally overrated. Still, it'll be worth a watch. Any word on the release date?